Basics of Supply Chain Management (BSCM)
The basic concepts in managing the complete flow of materials in a supply chain from suppliers to customers are covered in the Basics module. This module covers manufacturing, distribution, service, and retail industries. This includes the fundamental relationships in the design, planning, execution, monitoring, and control that occur. Knowledge of the material in this module is assumed as a prerequisite for the other APICS CPIM modules, which cover similar topics in much greater depth.
• Explain the role, objectives, and responsibilities of materials management.
• Describe basic forecasting principles and techniques.
• Explain the functions of production planning and master scheduling.
• Explain the role of material requirements planning in the planning process.
• Describe the objectives of capacity management and the way it relates to priority planning.
• Describe the purpose of inventory and the objectives of inventory management.
• Define purchasing, purchasing objectives, and the purchasing cycle.
• Demonstrate how lean and six sigma and quality control tools can reduce lot size, lead time, and work in progress.
• Explain the role of theory of constraints and constraints management.
(con material en ingles ponencia en españiol)
1. Introduction to Supply Chain Management
2. Demand Management
3. Master Planning
4. Materials Requirements Planning (MRP)
5. Capacity Management and Production Activity Control (CRP, PAC)
6. Aggregate Inventory Management
7. Item Inventory Management
8. Purchasing and Physical Distribution
9. Lean/JIT and Quality Systems
10. Theory of Constraints